Thursday, March 19, 2009

"C.P."



Yes, this is him! I finally got a picture of Chris or "C.P." as Colby and Taylor call him. Some of you who read this blog have been curious about what Chris and Geniel look like. I posted a picture of Geniel and I in a previous blog but I've never been able to get a picture of Chris. Last night at the UOP game, which we won for all of you die-hard UOP fans, I snapped his picture as he was walking up the bleachers to talk to Ryan and I. Obviously he knew I was taking his picture by the expression on his face.

Chris is the first-counselor in our Stake Presidency. When I hear him talk in a meeting, I know why he's in the Stake Presidency. He is in my top-five of people I enjoy hearing give a talk. It is tough criteria to make it to my top-five but he managed to make the list. He really is remarkable when it comes to the gospel and he can take an everyday, ordinary experience and spin it to relate to the gospel.

He and I have a love-hate relationship. He loves to hate me and I spend all my time trying to get him to like me. It is important to me for Chris to like me so Geniel and I can be friends. I've tried all sorts of tactics to get on his good side but it will probably never work. If I would keep my mouth shut and not get mouthy with him, that might help!

As I've mentioned before, Chris is awesome with our boys and they think he is all that and six bags of chips! They absolutely love Chris and are his biggest fans! He has been so thougthful of them and has included them in activities at UOP that he has had no obligation to do so. I'm so glad they have his influence in their lives for someone great to look up to. He has been a great friend to Ryan and I and has helped us out a lot! He and Geniel both have HUGE hearts. We are lucky that they consider us friends. Okay, Chris probably doesn't consider me a friend personally, but Ryan and the boys he probably considers friends. We have been very blessed to have Chris and Geniel come into our lives.

P.S. Don't let the cat out of the bag that I like him, okay? I don't want him to get a big head and use it against me.

1 comments:

melanie said...

I love picturing you working at driving him crazy. Too funny. Good friends are hard to find, I'm glad you have them too!