Monday, March 23, 2009

A "Wickedly" Great Time!

Guess what I was privileged to see this weekend?



This was the opportunity of a lifetime for me! I have dreamed, hinted, and plotted ways to get myself to San Francisco to see "Wicked". It was amazing, beautiful, glorious, fun, you name it! My friend, Geniel, had her mom and sister's visiting from Utah for the weekend and they bought tickets to go. They had an extra ticket and invited me to go along. It was a no-brainer! I was so excited to go to the city I love (see blog below), with my friend, to see the musical I have been dying to see.

I am amazed by all the talented people in the world! It takes so much creativity and talent to put a show like this together. I was in awe of all the time and talent put into making this show. If only I could have a singing voice like Glenda or Elphaba! We had such a great time and I had so much fun meeting Geniel's sisters! They were so good to me and such great sports for letting me crash their party.




Here is the theater we watched "Wicked" at.

This is the group of us that went to see "Wicked", minus Colby and Taylor. Ryan drove me over to meet up with Geniel and her family so I wouldn't totally crash their party. They spent the day in San Francisco visiting some of the sites.


(L to R): Colby, Me, Taylor, Diane, Linda, Julie. In the front is Geniel and her mom, Neva.


Here is the poster that they had plastered all over the outside of the theater.

Thank you Geniel, Neva, Linda, Diane, and Julie for the ticket and an awesome and memorable evening!

5 comments:

Marion said...

I want to come down and go! How neat for you! I take it it's worth going to. I think it'll be here in Washington soon. I'd like to have our sister weekend happen, though! How fun would that be? Love you!

melanie said...

What a fabulous dream come true Cara. I have the same dream. Have you been singing it ever since you got home? :)

I just registered to get emails about the presales for the show in September. It's around my birthday and I really want to go. I want to see this show SO bad!!

Nicole said...

I'm incredibly jealous, but so excited for you! I have always wanted to see San Fran...and Wicked!! It looks like you guys had a blast. Miss ya!

Cherise said...

You are so lucky! I love that musical! Chad surprised me Christmas 2007 and took me to see it in LA. It was amazing! It is definitely in my top 3. It's coming to Salt Lake next month and our best friends got us tickets to see it with them, again. Doesn't it have such a good message? Just to warn you; if you haven't read the book, it's nothing like the musical.

Shaila Lou said...

OH, I'm so jealous. I really want to see that as well. Sounds like a fun time for you! What a nice friend you have.