Taylor had his first pre-season game a couple of weeks ago in Tracy. To say it was a bad game would be putting it nicely. The final score was 40-0. Taylor was one sad player! The team we played, the Raiders, went to the SuperBowl (that's what they call it) last year, so we knew they were a pretty good team.
It's been a tough season so far for this team. They lost their head coach before the season even started so they don't have any real direction going on for them. Some of the other coaches have stepped in to help but it's not the same as having your own coach.
I am not a football fan. There, I admitted it, it's off my chest. Now maybe my therapist will considered me healed. But when your own child is out there playing, you're suddenly a fan. When Taylor walks out onto the field all dressed up, my heart swells. I think Ryan and I are the proudest parents in the stands. Taylor has proven that it's in his genes to play football. He LOVES this game and knows all the ins and outs of it. According to CP, who came and watched his game on Saturday with friend (Geniel), Taylor is an animal. Apparently that's a compliment. I don't know if Taylor is any good or not because once the play starts I have no idea where he is. I just know to cheer if we get into the end-zone. I am pathetic!
It's been a tough season so far for this team. They lost their head coach before the season even started so they don't have any real direction going on for them. Some of the other coaches have stepped in to help but it's not the same as having your own coach.
I am not a football fan. There, I admitted it, it's off my chest. Now maybe my therapist will considered me healed. But when your own child is out there playing, you're suddenly a fan. When Taylor walks out onto the field all dressed up, my heart swells. I think Ryan and I are the proudest parents in the stands. Taylor has proven that it's in his genes to play football. He LOVES this game and knows all the ins and outs of it. According to CP, who came and watched his game on Saturday with friend (Geniel), Taylor is an animal. Apparently that's a compliment. I don't know if Taylor is any good or not because once the play starts I have no idea where he is. I just know to cheer if we get into the end-zone. I am pathetic!
#52, that's Taylor.
It was a hot day!
Game #2 was on Saturday. I won't tell you the outcome, you'll have to check back in a day or two to see if we won. I know, the suspense is killing you.
4 comments:
Weigh-ins? The National Anthem? Superbowls? Geesh California takes little-league football serious-right? Wowie. Chad just ran around in a football uniform. I guess that's UT for you. Too bad about the loss though...that's hard to anyone to take but especially Taylor who always gives 110%....
Sure miss you...
Cara, I know how you feel, but it kind of grows on you (same with wrestling) I think the only way I could ever find Ryan was because of knee brace and the white tape. Hate to tell you this(and don't let Ryan know, but he probably already does) I still don't know what position he played. But it was fun and intense to watch him play.I guess it was white(the tape) Look at it this way, he can just go up and I am sure they will win. Taylor hang in there. You definately have a heart for football. Has Colby started BB yet or is he still doing water polo. Love you guys.
Isn't that proud feeling wonderful? It doesn't matter what your child is doing...well, let me rephrase that! When you're child is involved in a wholesome activity your heart absolutely wants to burst out of your chest! I know Taylor will do wonderful and probably worry you to death along the way! What's important is that you support their passions and help to make them happen for them. I love you, Sis! I've missed you even more since my short jaunt down there. Can I come back? oxoxox
He is made for football!! It is tough when you see your child sad after losing a game...but then it is such a rush when they win!! Give him a big ol' hug from me and a high five from the big fellas!! love you...
Post a Comment