Just a quick, short post to say that Colby left for Science Camp this morning for the week with his sixth grade class. We will not have any contact with him all week, which leads me to my reoccuring dream I've been having. In my dream, and it's the same scenario everytime, I dream that Colby is on a mission in some far-away land. Ryan has been waking me up in the night because I've been crying in my sleep, saying, "He's only twelve! He's too young to serve a mission, he doesn't even know how to do his own laundry yet". I guess my subconscious has been more worried about him going than I thought I was. Apparently this no-contact thing is really getting to me.
Colby and some of his friends waiting for the bus to arrive.
It's hard for me when one of the boys is away from home for any length of time. I like the comfort of knowing that we are all home, tucked safely in our beds. Colby had a hard time last night, too. When he hugged Ryan and I goodnight, he started to cry. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I'm just really going to miss my family". Maybe Ryan and I are doing something right afterall if our kids want to be home and are going to miss us. Most of the time they act like we're weird. It will be an interesting week for Taylor, too, or as Colby calls him, "the boy". Taylor doesn't take to being alone very well, he's always had Colby around. If I know my kids as well as I think I do, I'm pretty sure Ryan and I are going to have company in our room sleeping on the floor.
2 comments:
The sleeping with the parents thing is hereditary. Guess we all know who Taylor got that from :) Hope Colby has fun....and seriously I already tell Jonas he doesn't have to go on a mission if he will miss me too much. I understand :)
Dane is so Taylor the second! He doesn't like to go to bed without Nathan in the room, he says it's not fun to be alone. He's always the first to find his way into our room too. Smack dab against my back!
Nothing like some separation time to really appreciate the ones you really love.
Post a Comment