Colby is what I have always defined as an "old soul". He is mature way beyond his years and a very deep thinker. Not that he can't have fun and goofy, there's plenty of that, but he has a very serious side that he shows to everyone outside of our house. I asked Colby if he wanted to have a party with his friends for his birthday and his reply to me was, "Why would I want to do that?". He just wanted to hang out with his family, CP, and Geniel for his birthday. I guess I should be thankful that he still wants to be with his family but at times I worry about his lack of interests in his friends outside of school.
A gun. That's what he wanted for his birthday. Well, either that or a "Fixie" bike. He got the gun. He was very surprised! Ryan told him that there really wasn't a way for him to get a gun because of all the registration stuff, etc. We fooled him. So, for his birthday we took him to the gun room to try it out. It was an experience to say the least. I don't like loud noises and even though I had two layers of ear protection on, I couldn't handle the noise. The boys, Ryan, and CP, had a ball! I've never seen grown men laugh like little boys until that night.
Colby also had a basketball tournament that day in Sacramento. They played three games and Colby fouled out of the last two. He also received a nice fat lip from a guy on another team as a birthday gift. It was cute to see his team sing "Happy Birthday" to him and then dog-pile on top of him. He has some great friends in that group of players!
Ryan showing off the lastest styles at the shooting range, along with a nice sunburn.
Geniel and I were so happy to be there we could hardly contain our excitement!
They call me Annie Oakley. I was just trying to get it over with.
Even though I struggle with my fellas growing up, I am very proud of the young man that Colby has become. He's not afraid to stand up for what he believes is true and he is intent on doing the right thing. There are so many things I admire about Colby and I feel blessed every day to be his Mom. It has always been my hope that these boys of ours would grow up to be good, righteous men in the world who contribute good things to the world and to their community.
One more shot of Colby shooting.
We love you, Colby! You are one terrific son and young man! Now, on to more serious business. Something happened at the gun room that wasn't so terrific. It will be my next post. Let's just say that I'm lucky to be alive. You may want to have a box of kleenex close by when you find out what happened.
2 comments:
What fun!! I REFUSE to allow Colby to be a teen-ager!! sniff, sniff! Looks like y'all had fun.
love ya!!
Annie..super cute shirt.
Happy (late) B-day Colbs!! Way to go on the gun..although I am truly convinced my Mom has way too much influence on you!!!
Post a Comment