Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Funny Sister

I have been very blessed to have six older sisters. I love them all equally and they are very unique. One of my sister's is exceptionally funny and she keeps me in stitches when we are on the phone. After talking to her for three hours last night, I just had to share a part of our conversation that we shared. Sometimes, my conversations with my sister's can get out of hand, I guess that's what makes talking to them so much fun, we can be dramatic together!

My BIL is a big hunter and is hunting for two weeks in Colorado for deer. In their home, they have a few deer heads that my BIL has had mounted. In our conversation last night, she told me that she hopes that Ray doesn't get a deer this trip because she doesn't know where they'll put it if he mounts it. I told her she could hang it above her bed and she informed me that Ray had already mentioned that to her. I told her she could hang her bras from the antlers and we laughed. Then it hit me, I said, " You know those jewelry trees that are popular right now?", she broke out into hysterics, and I said, "you could hang your jewlery from the antlers!". After we finished laughing and thought of all the ways she could display her jewelry from the deer, she told me that neither of them really like deer meat. I asked her why, then, did Ray hunt deer? She said and I quote, "I guess so we can have twelve to pull the sleigh!". I laughed my guts out! It was so funny!

Almost everyday I get either a text or an email from her about something that happened to her, something someone said to her, or about her road rage. It always makes me laugh because of the way she expresses herself. We are spending Thanksgiving with them this year, our second year in a row. It's a toss-up over who's more excited about it, me, her, or the boys. The boys get to hunt with Uncle Ray while Barbie and I entertain ourselves. Entertaining ourselves is never a problem when we're together. We've done everything from plucking our eyebrows together to putting Preparation-H on our faces to reduce the wrinkles (don't ask). Now she's on this kick about putting hand sanitizer on your face. So, when I get back, I'm going to have a really sterilized face.

Love my sisters! They are the best!

4 comments:

Nat and Chad said...

Haha! I'm proud to call the sister of yours my mother in law! She is hysterical! I love her! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Nicole said...

You can't keep feeding her your laughs. She just gets worse. By the time Christmas rolls around I'll have to check Ray into a psych ward :)

She's the best...right?! I love her too. And it wouldn't matter what meat Ray was hunting...she's still let him go and she'd still let him hang the whatever..where ever.

Miken said...

lol... preparation h? hilarious!

Shaila Lou said...

Haha! Hilarious! Sister are the best!