Friday, July 20, 2012

A Trip Home

I haven't been home in three years.  Yes, you read that right, three years.  I was determined to make it home this summer for a visit.  I always wait for the boys to be able to go and I realized that I can no longer do that.  I have to go when I can and leave them home.

Colby was supposed to go with me but he stood me up to go to Las Vegas with his traveling basketball team for a tournament.  After he decided not to go with me I bought a plane ticket.  It was wonderful!!  I was in Seattle in less than two hours, rather than the fourteen hour drive it takes me.  That will definitely be my way to travel there from now on.

Barbie, Dad, and Mom at the dam.

It was wonderful to be home.  Barbie came home, too, so four of us sisters were together.  We had some good laughs and fun times.  Barbie suggested that we go to Grand Coulee Dam one day because I swear, up there, that is the answer to everything.  Go to Grand Coulee Dam!  I have not been there in years and neither had Barbie, so it was fun to go for a re-visit.  It hasn't changed much, thankfully.  I doubt the town of Coulee City would be unhappy if the dam had changed.  I had forgot what a magnificent structure that is.  It was beautiful when we were there because they were letting water go over.  Most of the other times I have been there, it's just dry concrete with no activity.


I love my family so much!  Words cannot begin to express my feelings for them.  I am so thankful that Mom and Dad are still in good health and are so active.  We are so blessed, as their children, that they are still with us.  I love my sisters and brother so much!!  We have been through a lot together and I love that the hard times have brought us together and that I have a special relationship with each one of them.  I will definitely not go three years again before I go home.  Now that I've done it by myself, I think it will be my own summer vacation every year.

We even planned Mom and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary that's next year.  60 years!  That's a long time!  We haven't told them what we are doing yet but it's going to be fun!!  I'm so looking forward to it and to be with my family again.

0 comments: