Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Skateboard, MVP, and a Science Experiment

I've been on a four-month sabatical from blogging! Not really, we've just had a really busy summer! That said, I have several pictures that I need to post, so I hope you'll bear with me. These pictures are from last school year, around the time of Taylor's birthday. The first few pictures are of Colby's science experiement that he had to do for school. He had to grow crystals on a sponge using a variety of home products. The first try wasn't very successful so we had to do it again.



During that same time, Colby was also finishing up a spring league through the City of Stockton. It was a league he has never played for before but was asked to play by one of his summer coaches that had a son playing on the team. Colby had a great season, they only lost one game! At the end of the season party, his coaches rewarded him with the MVP trophy so he was a pretty happy fella! One of his coaches is an actor that has been on several TV shows. He was a really nice guy and taught Colby a lot!
Finally, the big event of our spring was Taylor's birthday! He talks about his birthday all year so he's pretty excited when the month of April finally rolls around. This year he wanted a new skateboard so bad his teeth ached! His old skateboard was pretty worn out, needless to say. There's a great shop here in Stockton that you can go to and have your skateboard custom made. Rather than Ryan and I trying to figure out what he would want, we took him to the shop the weekend before his birthday and let him pick out what he wanted. The icing on the cake were the "Tail Devils". They're these metal things you put at the end of the skateboard so when you "Ollie" they spark. Sad that I know what all of that means!





3 comments:

Brianne said...

We have been pretty busy this summer also so I haven't posted much or commented much. Love to see what Colby and Taylor are up to.

melanie said...

If you keep posting 'what all this means' then maybe I'll look cool one day cause I know nothing about boys and their stuff!

Shaila Lou said...

Your boys are so so cute! I can't believe how grown up they are...it makes me sad I don't see you enough.

Way to go Colby on the MVP!! How awesome!

Love Taylor's skateboard. Did you have anxiety while he was learning to ride? I think I would and probably will!

So I just want to know who this "actor" is!