Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Trip To Idaho and A Wedding

This summer, the oldest grandchild on the Dickson side, Brittney, got married. I really wanted to go to the wedding. Yea, it's a girl thing! So after much deliberation, my sister-in-law, Melissa, and I decided to "Thelma and Louise" it to Shelley, Idaho. We each took a kiddo with us. She took Kaelyn and I took Colby. We left the men and the other children at home. We had a fun ride, lots of good tunes, and a few yummy snacks along the way. Melissa and I got some good "girl-talk" time in and the kids were so quiet in the back, we had to check and see if they were breathing. The wedding was so beautiful and it was great to see all the family. We had not seen some of Ryan's siblings in quite some time. It was so good to see them and to see Brittney and Mike on their special day! Colby and I waiting outside the Idaho Falls temple for the happy couple!
The Dickson sister-in-laws, well, most of us anyway. Christine was in the temple helping Brittney. I think those Dickson boys are mighty lucky guys!
Some of the boy cousins at the wedding! We were missing Jaren, Taylor, and Ethan. I think Ethan was taking a nap about this time. What a cute bunch!
The happy couple finally makes their appearance. We were all so happy for them! Their wedding was beautiful and they had fabulous wedding colors!

2 comments:

melanie said...

Weddings are fun, glad you had a good time. Love the Thelma and Louise reference!

Marion said...

I love when you update your blog, seester, so UPDATE YOUR BLOG! You've had a busy summer and it's awful busy when you have to work, too! And I mean AWFUL! I've decided work is a big inconvenience! Love you!