I should be thankful to be next to "Tour Guide Barbie".
no idea why Taylor is holding an ear of corn!
seen so many huge pumpkins before.
Between here and Tracy on I-5, there is a huge pumpkin patch! It actually looks like a small carnival there are so many things to do. Colby and Taylor really wanted to go this year and go through the corn maze but mostly they wanted to do the "Pumpkin Blasters". This is much like the tennis ball launcher that we have only they use small pumpkins.
So after Taylor's basketball game we headed to the pumpkin patch. It was like going to a state fair, there were so many people there! I was a little worried about the corn maze because I do not have a good sense of direction. However, many thanks to Colby, he managed to get us through. We did stop at a couple of look-outs for him to gauge where we were at. I just nodded my head and agreed with what he said because he seemed so confident. I kept worrying that someone was going to jump out of the corn and scare us!
The pumpkin blaster line was so long that the boys ended up not doing it because it was hot, yes Mother Nature still thinks Northern California is in the middle of summer, and we were thirsty and gritty! We did buy four pumkins, though, and Taylor won with his pumpkin weighing in at 30 pounds! Who's going to help him carve that out?
3 comments:
Wow, that is the most pumpkins I've ever seen. Sound like a ton of fun. I wish it was warmer here though. I'm glad Colby wanted a picture with you and I could see my beautiful Auntie!! You look great as always! Love ya!
We went to a patch a couple years ago that launched pumpkins and my kids loved it and are still talking about it. Those pumpkins are huge! We went to the patch down by Pasco and I stayed on the hay ride with Reed while Milo took the older kids. I would have totally set a size limit but Milo didn't. Nathan picked a 45 lb pumpkin!!! We started the cleaning out and carving tonight. The sucker is so huge it's taking us 2 days!!!
Taylor is so funny with the corn. I guess he needed a prop for the photo. It's all about the looks, ha ha!
Maybe you'll be graced with fall weather in November. A girl can hope, right?
Taylor was prepared with that ear of corn to care for his mom in case somebody really did jump out to scare. Love seeing pictures of you all. Very cute!!
Post a Comment