Monday, January 19, 2009

Girls Day Out

As many of you know, I have the most wonderful friend in the world! Her name is Geniel and we met at church shortly after we moved here. Right off the bat, we hit it off! I was so grateful to have someone that I could turn to. I had no idea how our friendship would develop and take off. I know I can never express here in this blog how much Geniel and her friendship mean to me, so I'm not even going to try!

We started walking together every morning at 5:45 AM. To say this was easy would be the biggest lie I ever told! But we did it, every morning for two years, 4 days a week. They say women bond by sharing, well share we did on our walks every morning! Before either one of us knew it, we had both spilled our guts about pretty much everything in our lives! I call the loop we walk the trail of laughter and tears. Now that I am working, we don't walk early in the mornings but we try to go in the evenings as often as we can.

Geniel is the kindest person I have ever known. She is truly amazing and I am in awe all the time that she's friends with me. Her husband, Chris, is the Athletic Trainer at UOP and they along with their two kids, Aaron and Ashley, have taken us in and have treated us like family. I love the way Chris interacts with Colby and Taylor, he treats them like they are his nephews and he has taken the time to do fun things with them when he was under no obligation to.

I love Geniel like a sister and she is my best friend! We have done everything together from glittering pumpkins to coloring each other's hair. She is so much fun to be with and lifts my spirits when we are together. She is such a true friend and I admire everything about her. She knows everything about me and could consider some serious blackmail if she wanted to!

So this blog is dedicated to her and our "Girls Day Out" in San Francisco. Every year for our birthdays, we try to go somewhere fun to celebrate. This year we chose San Francisco and I was amazed we didn't get lost, well except for taking the wrong train but that was my fault. Here are some pictures of San Francisco and Geniel and I at Union Square. I also snapped one of Tiffany's. I have never been to Tiffany's store and never thought I would get the chance but I did and it was so much fun!




3 comments:

Marion said...

I always thought I had enough friend with just my sisters until I met Elaine...she is a sister to me in everyway! I can relate to your relationship with Geniel. I know you probably think of her as a sister, too! It's so nice to have a girlfriend when you're so far from home! I love you lil' seester!

Shaila Lou said...

That's so awesome to have someone you can be such good friends with. I love that you take girl trips together. How much fun! You guys are cute friends!

melanie said...

I dream of girl trips one day. But no sistas here so I'm going to have to convince my sister in laws to go one day. I'm so glad you guys had a good time!