Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Big Island - Les Schwab Week: Ala Kahakai

In our efforts to explore as much of the resort as we could, one day when we were walking around we stumbled upon this trail. It sat between the ocean and a beautiful golf course. The trail was called "Ala Kahakai" or "Trail By the Sea". As we walked along, we could see whales off in the distance to our left and golfers to our right.



Along the way we discovered a blow hole as it's known. It's when the water swells into the rocks and there's a break in the rocks and the water shoots up. It was pretty cool. Ryan kept finding golf balls in the rocks and kept going and getting them, even when there was a big sign that said, "Danger: Rocks Not Safe, Only Walk On If You're An Idiot". Okay, it didn't say that but something similar. I could just see Ryan falling into the ocean and then I would have to put my lifeguard skills to action! Don't worry family, no one drowned while I was there, I kept a good eye out for anyone in danger.






The golf course to our right was beautiful. It was a little breezy this day and here was this bright green grass, an ocean view, and palm trees swaying in the breeze. It looked just like what paradise should. Also, here's the proof that Ryan is not obedient!




1 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to put your good ol' lifegaurd skills to use!!

That place is beautiful!