After a 5 hour flight, we finally arrived on The Big Island. I have never been happier to have my feet on land again! All in all the flight was great, thanks again to those little orange pills. The drive to the resort was beautiful! I can't get over how gorgeous the flowers are! They are so vibrant and there are so many different varieties. I could have spent my whole time there just looking at the flowers!
The Big Island, like I said, is mostly lava rock. Or I should say, the side of the island that we were on is. The other side of the island is green and lush. There's even a rainforest there. There are 11 out of the 13 climates on the Big Island.
A tradition that the people have there is called "Hawaiian Graffiti". The lava rock is almost black in color and what people do is they bring white coral rock up from the beach and write things with the white rocks in the black rock. It was so cool! We saw everything from "Will You Marry Me?" to "Class of 2008". It was pretty impressive. Someone got the idea to put the Les Schwab name and sign in the rocks and our driver let us stop and take a picture. Here is what we saw from the airport to the resort.
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment