I am sad to say that I don't have any pictures for this post. However, this is where you can let you imagination take over and picture it all in your head! On Monday, we spent the day in Kona with our good friends, Gary and Eliana. Gary manages the Lodi store which is to the Northeast of us. They are also members of the church, so we see them at things other than Les Schwab functions.
Gary is an avid diver and planned several diving trips for the week. They invited us to go to the dive shop with them in Kona so they could finalize their diving trips. While we were at the dive shop, we decided to rent snorkel gear and head to the beach. I was a little nervous about this, I'm not a fan of water. However, Eliana was paranoid. She makes me look laid back! It was nice to not be the only worry wart in the group.
So with our snorkel gear in tow, we headed to the water. After we got situated and I finally figured out how to walk with my fins on, I kept saying to Ryan, "don't leave me!". I was so afraid that some shark was going to get hungry and decide that I was his lunch. We had a great time! The fish and the water were amazing! The water was very warm and very clear. I did not freak out at all. In fact, the spot we went to was a popular snorkeling spot so there were a lot of people out in the water. There were a few times when I would have to do a 360 in the water to make sure I wasn't being followed by "Bruce". Ryan stayed with me and we took some great pictures of fish and turtles with our underwater camera. The color of the fish is indescribable! They are so vibrant and beautiful! We saw yellow fish, rainbow colored fish, black and deep blue striped fish, etc. The turtles come right up to you! It's a little frightening at first but they are friendly and curious.
Later that night, we went out to a wonderful seafood dinner with Gary and Eliana and had a great time. I was just thankful that I didn't have to use my lifeguarding skills on anyone today!
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment