I find that I lean more and more as using this blog as my journal to share some of my feelings and frustrations. If you don't want to read it, then I would advise that you stop here.
This weekend some events happened before me while I stood on the sideline and watched. I wasn't involved directly but was there to witness it. These events have sparked the title of my blog. So, with that, I wonder why....
People initiate a confrontation, then when you stand up and defend yourself, they act like you were the one who started it and they were the victim and don't take responsibility for the role they played in the confrontation?
Some people act like they like you to your face or tolerate you but do little things indirectly or behind your back to twist the knife to let you know that they really don't care for you?
Women hold on to grudges and men don't when we are supposed to be the peacemakers and nurturers?
People can't see themselves for who they really are?
The kindest person with the best heart ends up getting walked on and those who are hard to get along with and are hard to please are tip-toed around?
We can't seem to be happy for what others have and their accomplishments? Instead we have to stab them in the back and make excuses as to why they are accomplished and we aren't.
Some of us are fence sitters and can't choose a side?
It's so hard to move on when you've been hurt by someone?
Enduring to the end can seem like an impossible task?
Some who reads this thinks, "that's not me", when it probably really is?
These are just some of the questions rolling around in my head that I wish someone could answer for me. My intention is not to make anyone mad, and if you are, then I guess maybe you know yourself well enough to know that this has been you at one time or another. It's hard for me to hide my feelings, if I'm happy everyone knows it, if I don't like you (this applies to very few people), you know it. I wish I could hide my emotions better but I can't and some people go around totally disguised. If anyone has any brilliant answers to any of these questions, please let me know. Until then, I guess they will remain a mystery.
Confrontation and tension between people is VERY hard for me to deal with, especially if I'm one of the persons involved. I avoid confrontation at all cost, however, I do have some fight in me and will fight back if I'm pushed into a corner. Not one of my best characteristics. I have learned that it's better to confront a situation head-on rather than avoid it and let hurtful feelings continue. If I have hurt someone, I want to know, so I can right the wrong. However, I have found that there are some that would rather not know and correct their wrongs. I have learned a few things along the way in my crazy life!
I am grateful to those people in my life who are "true blue" and feel for those deeply who have been hurt over the last few days. I hope they know how much I love them and that they have my full support! I know the day will come when they will truly be blessed and all wrongs will be made right.
12 years ago
3 comments:
You've got some good points! Too bad we can't figure out the answers. One thing I've learned through mistakes and hurts is to know that we're all imperfect and we're all here learning and hopefully growing through our trials and mistakes. We haven't been in the other persons shoes to know why they're the way they are, either. If we can look past the imperfections and try and find the good is when we'll have more peace. I know I've probably hurt many along my way but a lot of the time when we hurt someone it hasn't been intentional but sometimes misunderstood. I love you, lil' sister! xxxxx
AMEN SISTER!! You said it all like it really is and I agree 100%! We both must be on the "deep in thought" mode although yours is truly felt while mine are just goofy. You are wonderful and so are all of those we both love and support. I hope all of my loved ones know that I ALWAYS have their back and will never back down in my support for them. We may not have all the answers here and now but we will someday. When that someday comes we will all have to account for our actions, our words and how we've treated one another. I fear that day for myself knowing I have much work to do, but fear it more for others who do not realize that they need to work on things and issues also. Much love to you... YOU ROCK!!
Wow, I totally see this a lot, and I always wonder why people can be the way they are. I hate contention and I do not want to be involved in it, I'll avoid it. I hate the feeling it leaves me. I hope things work out the best for people and everyone can be more Christlike.
Post a Comment