Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's Somebody's Birthday, I Wonder Who?



Ryan turns the big 32 today! He is not much of a birthday person, but I am! I love birthdays and enjoy the excitement of the day, whether it's my own or one of the frat boys! I think Ryan is in the start of a mid-life crisis with the realization that he's not in his twenties anymore and never will be again. The other morning in the bathroom he commented on all the gray hair that was starting to show. I was not too overly sympathetic because I found my first gray hair the day we brought Colby home from the hospital. He then said, "Well, at least I still have hair". I'm sure that was some sort of a comforting statement to himself.







Now he is on this exercise kick about us running every night. Thus, the second reason he might be in the start of his mid-life crisis. He's killing me! We are running every night and I have discovered sore muscles I never knew I had. I guess if he brings home a sports car and a hot blonde, then I'll be really worried.



I got this cute idea from my neice, Melanie. She interviewed each of her kids about their dad on his birthday to get their perspective on his life. I thought it would be fun to interview "the old soul" and "the rebel" to get their outlook on Ryan's life. Here is what they said:



What year was Dad born in?
Colby: 1979.
Taylor: 1987.

What day is Dad's birthday?
Colby: April 25th.
Taylor: April 24th.

If Dad could have any job in the world, what would it be?
Colby: He would be a mechanic and own his own paint shop to paint old cars.
Taylor: He would own his own auto body shop.



What is Dad's favorite food?
Colby: Beef Stroganoff.
Taylor: Steak.



What is Dad's favorite sport?
Colby: Football.
Taylor: Football.



What does Dad like to do in his spare time?
Colby: He likes to be with us.
Taylor: Do things with our family.



How does Dad show you that he loves you?
Colby: By going to work everyday and providing for our family.
Taylor: He goes to work everyday, buys us nice things, and puts a roof over our heads.

What are Dad's hobbies?
Colby: Blowing stuff up, trying to figure out how to make stuff, and basketball.
Taylor: Watching sports, building things, and playing sports.



What do you think Dad was like in high school?
Colby: Crazy.
Taylor: Laid back. He didn't care what people said about him.


What is Dad's favorite movie?
Colby: The Bourne Identity movies.
Taylor: Dumb and Dumber.



What do you love most about Dad?
Colby: That he's there for me.
Taylor: He's there for us.

Colby and Taylor love their dad A LOT and have him figured out pretty well. Ryan, we love you and we hope you have a terrific day because you deserve it! You are an amazing husband and father! I'm grateful that we have such a fun and happy home! It's wonderful sharing this beautiful life that we have together with you! Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday "uncle" Ryan. It's so hard for me to say that because he is more like a much wiser, pretty good looking (gray haired), older brother. Hope you have a great day. We love you!

Kelcie said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! Those pictures and sayings are pretty cute. They made us laugh. Love you guys!

Gerrit & Ashlee said...

I must say that is one good looking kid with ryan (on the deck picture)!!! On another note is that the tunnel we dug? In the background...Happy birthday bro.

JanaLee said...

Happy birthday Ryan! I'm grateful for you and for making your family so happy! You are a wonderful hubby and dad. That's obvious by the way they revere you. I guess I did alright picking you to date Cara! All of the pictures are very cute so fun!
Love you tons and tons!!

Shaila Lou said...

Ah, I love all the pictures! Ryan was one cute kid (still pretty cute, old and all). Taylor look so much like him in a couple of the pics. Happy Birthday Ryan, I hope you had a great day. Love ya!!

melanie said...

Man, I can see Taylor in Ryan. I love looking at old photos. Great post Cara. Happy Birthday Ryan! Embrace the gray hair, it's the distinguished look!

Melissa said...

Took a stroll down memory lane and realized why they call them monkey suits. If I had some I would make a comment about big wave hairdos, but I don't so I won't. I was going to call you on your b-day but my memory is slipping, you probably understand. Anyways HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us. Greg