Thursday, April 30, 2009

So Long Single Digits - Hello Double Digits!



Taylor did it! He managed to live long enough to see the age of ten. As a toddler, I never thought Taylor would live to see this day. He was somewhat of a difficult child but thankfully has outgrown most of that. He's still spunky! He is so excited to be ten while it makes me a little sad. Our baby is growing up.




We have loved having Taylor for a son! He has added life and zest to our family, that's for sure. When he's around, there's not a dull moment. I often wondered where he got his personality but as he gets older, I can see he is a pretty good mix of Ryan and I. Colby definitely has Ryan's personality, no doubt, but Taylor is a mix of both of us. Here are some things we love about Taylor:

1. He is very affectionate and still loves to snuggle. He will come and crawl into bed with Ryan or I, or sometimes both of us, on a Saturday morning to snuggle. Taylor is always hugging us and telling us that he loves us.



2. Taylor cannot settle down in the evening if we aren't all at home together. If Ryan or I are gone in the evening, he keeps pestering us to know when the other one will be home. He loves us all to be home together.



3. He loves life! Taylor is willing to try anything once and is somewhat of a dare-devil. It makes me a little nervous and puts a smile on Ryan's face. He and Ryan are already planning their skydiving excursion when he turns 18. Yikes!



4. His heart is too big for his chest. Taylor is definitely conscience of people and their feelings. He tends to defend the underdog and seeks out those who may need a friend. There is a boy at school named William who is autistic. Taylor has had him in his class now for two years and William can't funtion if Taylor's not there. Taylor has been extremely sensitive and watchful of William. He has showed William what a true friend is.

5. Taylor would give you everything he owns if he thought you needed it. Taylor has always been willing to share what he has with others, especially Colby.



6. He is witty! Taylor makes us laugh constantly. At night we can hear him and Colby upstairs in bed and Colby will be laughing so hard. We know Taylor is up there performing some kind of comedy act.




7. Taylor loves to cook! I'm sure this stems from his love for food! He has learned how to make quite a few meals because he is constantly asking me to show him how to make this or how to make that. His recent accomplishment is learning to cut vegetables properly. He does not deny his love for food, especially meat!

8. He knows every song on the radio. He is a walking jutebox! I think Ryan and I keep up on the latest music but Taylor has us beat by a long shot. Sometimes we have to ask him who sings the song on the radio and he always knows.



9. Taylor loves to play board games with his family. Every Sunday evening, you can usually find us playing a game, thanks to Taylor! He LOVES games and is always wanting to play. His latest trend is Yahtzee.



10. He loves his family, A LOT! He loves everyone-parents, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. He really loves his little cousins! Taylor really likes little kids but he likes the big kids, too. He is always asking Ryan and I about family and when we are going to see extended family again. He is always excited when family comes to visit or when we go and visit family.



Taylor, you are an exceptional son! You are growing into a wonderful, strong, young man and Dad and I are very proud of you! We hope you never change because if you stay just like you are, you will do great things in this world! We love you more than you could possibly know! We hope you know how special you are to us! Have a terrific day! We love you, Taylor ( Taty-Bug, Taylor Bing, Tay, Tay D., Little Tank, T-Bone, "T", T-Bug, and Tater-Tot)!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Taylor! I miss you, Bud and you are growing up way too fast. You are such a great kid, and a good example to me! I hope you had a great day! Sure love you!

JanaLee said...

Happy Birthday Tay-Tay!! I love you soo much and hope your day was as sweet and wonderful as you are. You are definitly "big fella" the second! You are so much like Chandler, from being funny, loving and hilarious to stubborn and determined! Just stay as you are because you are PERFECT!!
Happy 10 years!! Love you, Nana

Marion said...

Happy Birthday, Tater! I'll play a game of Yahtzee with you anyday! I've got it on my iPod and I play at least one game everyday! You are a wonderful young man! Love you lots!

Jason Alisynn and kids said...

Yay Taylor! Happy Birthday! We hope you had a great day and have a great year.