Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Girls Just Want To Have Fun

This is the only Cindy Lauper song I ever liked, so I used the title! My Mom, sister LaVoy, and neice Kristen all came for a visit a couple of weeks ago. To say we had fun would be putting it mildly! I loved having them here and the time went by way too fast, as usual. We played and had a lot of fun. We shopped, shopped some more (it's a ritual and a requirement), ate at In-N-Out and a few other places, played at the pool, I caught LaVoy up on all the latest movies, and had some good girl talk. Ryan and Colby were at Scout Camp that week so instead of a Frat House, I had a Sorority House for a week!

I love my family, they are the best. I totally lucked out coming into a family of mostly girls. I have learned so much from each of my sisters and they are such great examples to me. They are the best confidants I've ever had. I know I can tell them anything and it never goes beyond their ears. We have shared much joy and sorrow as sisters. I know that's what has made us so close.

I didn't get many pictures while they were here, mostly because I didn't want any pictures of me laying out at the pool to come back to haunt me so I knew better than to start snapping pictures. I did get a few pictures at our last supper at In-N-Out. It is a real treat for my family to eat there because they don't have any In-N-Out's in Washington.

Thanks for taking the time to come and see us, Mom, LaVoy, and Kristen! I wish you were still here and having fun! I love you more than my luggage. Thanks for all you did to help me out while you were here.







3 comments:

Nicole said...

I just cried a little. I miss you. I miss Grammie. I miss LaVoy. I miss the kids. I miss In-N-Out. Sometimes the East Coast isn't so glamorous. I SOOO wish I were coming to Eddies wedding. I thought about it very seriously, but my Best Friend from birth is getting married in Chicago and I am going to the wedding. It was SOOOO hard to not come to Utah. I hope you all have mounds of fun. Can we do Christmas next year in Utah? Something...I'm dying here!

melanie said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good time. I do find it a bit rude to post photos of In-N-Out. Especially the fry LaVoy is holding up. Yum!!

I'll have to post about what Kathryn loves me more than. It's hilarious and had LaVoy laughing pretty hard!

JanaLee said...

Looks like soooo much fun!! Can I say our mother looks GORGEOUS?! I hope I can be that pretty when I'm in the youth of my elderly years. Wish so bad that I could have been there...I'm sure the laughter rang most of the time. See y'all in UTAH!!!!!!