Monday, July 13, 2009

More Great Times!

I know I say this constantly, but I really do have the best sisters! I am amazed at how wonderful they are all and the unique relationship I share with each one of them. My wonderful sister Marion, my neice Shaila (her daughter), and my great-nephew Nathan (Marion's grandson) brought Taylor home over the weekend for us. Before Taylor left to go to Washington, Marion called and offered to bring him home. I told her that was a long wasy (801 miles to be exact) and it made me feel guilty. She said if she didn't want to do it, she wouldn't have offered. Was I going to tell my sister no when I knew I would have an opportunity to see her and spend some time with her? I don't think so!

We had a great time! It is always so nice to be with my family and get all that girl talk out of me. With my family, I can really be myself and not worry about what they're thinking about me. Talk we did! I'm pretty sure the three of us covered all the major topics of the world. We had In-N-Out a couple of times, Shaila had never had the In-N-Out experience, they watched Colby play basketball (yes, basketball has started again), and we laid around the pool. My nephew, Nathan, is part fish and loves the water! He is so cute and was sooo good! I feel especially lucky to already have great-nieces and nephews.

I love my sister, Marion! She is very tender-hearted and always focuses on the positive. I appreciate her insight on life. She has given me some really great advice over the years and still continues to do so. She never adds "fuel to the fire" so to speak but tries to look at a situation at all angles. Sometimes I just want her to jump off the deep end with me but she never does. She and Shaila will never know how much I appreciate them bringing Taylor home.



We also took them out to dinner the last night they were here. We took them to B.J's, a restaurant that they don't have up there. We had a fun time and we got some good pictures waiting for our food to arrive.

I was sad, as always, to see them go. The time went by way too fast, like it always does but I will see Marion in a few weeks in Utah for Eddy's wedding (I'm already on the countdown). I tried really hard to talk them in to staying one more day but Marion had to get back to work and Shaila has three darling boys at home who were missing her and she's trying to move, too!

Thank you so much Marion, Shaila, and Nathan, for taking the time and sacrificing your weekend to come to Cali! It was a true joy having you here and I think we need to do it more often. I love you and I'm glad you made it home safe!

1 comments:

Marion said...

I'm sure I enjoyed the trip more than you did! It was good not to have a major agenda and be laid back. I needed that....just hanging out at your house and the pool were great! But next time....watch out Cali! I love you little seester! I need to make visiting you a yearly trip so we keep connected. Especially with the boys! oxoxox