Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Game #3 - V-I, V-I-C, V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

Not only do I get to keep you updated on the highlights of each game but I also get to entertain you with cheers I remember from the good ol' days. If you don't like it, then skip the title. As usual, this game was as unpredictable as ever. We woke up to rain, thunder, and lightning. We were a little shocked because it was supposed to be sunny and blue skies. Ryan and I laughed at the news that night because the caption at the bottom read, "Wicked September Weather". It was the first few sprinkles in September along with some thunder and lightning and they're calling it wicked? They need to live in Seattle for a while.

Being as it was raining, the team younger than Taylor kept getting pulled off the field when the lightning flashed. They were finally down to 43 seconds and a little boy got hurt, severly. They had to call an ambulance and take him to the hospital. I felt so bad for his parents and sister. We hope all goes well for him and his family. Taylor heard he snapped either his neck or back but I'm praying that isn't so.

So seeing a little child get hurt like that put my panties in a bunch and I prayed through the whole game that Taylor would be okay. What I really wanted to do was march onto the field when he got out there and give him a big hug and kiss and tell him to be careful but I didn't want to bruise his pride or face the wrath of Ryan when I got back to the bleachers. He managed to get through the game unscathed, which I am grateful for after every game.

They played the Modesto 49er's this week and it was supposed to be one of their tougher games. Modesto is known for their great sports programs. Taylor's team managed to win 33-25. It was a close game the entire game, which made it a great game to watch! They worked hard and deserved the win. So as it stands now, their record is 2-1. We're hoping for another win this week against the Vikings, they're from South Stockton.

There was bribery involved in getting this picture.

Taylor high-fiving the Junior Novice team as he walks by.

The three biggest cheerleaders in the stands, or should I say the loudest?

Starting the line for their agilities.

The cheerleaders made a banner for the players to run through.

Finishing up their team prayer. Yes, they prayer together before every game.

Lining up for the kick-off. I'm pretty sure Taylor is addicted to athletic tape. He always has something taped on his body.

You can see Taylor here by the tape around his legs.

Finishing up a tackle and on their way to help their teammates.


0 comments: