Monday, September 21, 2009

We Sang In Chuch, The Ward Is Still Active

Our primary program was yesterday and it was wonderful! The theme this year is "My Eternal Family". It was a very touching, spirit-filled meeting listening to all the children talk about their families. A couple of months ago, the primary chorister asked our family to sing our favorite family home evening song. I so didn't want to do it! Ryan and the boys didn't want to do it even more. I am not a singer, I have never been a singer, and I'm not a person whose convinced myself I can sing even though I really can't (I know we all know those ones). So, after much convincing we gave in and said yes.

I was so nervous yesterday morning getting ready. I had butterfiles all morning! Then as I went to blow-dry my hair, my hair dryer wouldn't start. I monkeyed with it, tried every plug in the house and nothing. In a panic, I called Geniel, and when she answered the phone all I said was "help". She knew how nervous I was, she played for us and knew of our insecurity to sing. She brought her dryer over on her way to the church for ward choir. Once again, she saved me! Thanks friend, I love you!

We survived, and so did the ward. We sang "We'll Bring The World His Truth" and I was so glad when that part was over. It was also Colby's last primary program. He was excited, I was sad to once again see my little boy growing up. In a couple of weeks he will be twelve and officially a pre-teen. I hope we both survive puberty!

After we got home and the let-down of the day set in, I got a monster headache that lasted the rest of the day. That always happens after the stress is finally over. I am my mother's daughter. I hope they never ask us to sing again. Maybe after hearing us, they won't.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so jealous you have such a great friend close. It makes life so much more fun!
I bet you sounded great yesterday, and what a great opportunity! Good Song choice too...
Miss you! [I check out my window approximately three times a day to see if you are sitting on my porch. So far I have caught three crickets, one mail-man, and several ants. They aren't as much fun as you :)]

Marion said...

I wish we could have all been there but then you would have had a headache for days with the stress of us being there! I understand the stress and the insecurities you must have felt but I'm sure it was beautiful. It's the spirit that is felt not the notes that you hit! Love you....A & F!

melanie said...

Oh you are brave and the headache was definitely an earned one (not because I think you sing bad, just the stress)! Way to go Dickson Family!

Jason Alisynn and kids said...

Way to go! I am so proud of you all, I'm sure you were great! Maybe when we see you we can get an encore?!?

grandmagrandpadickson said...

Oh, how I wished we live closer to our family. I am sure you sounded great. Congrats Taylor and Colby we sure would like to see a pic of you. Sounds like Ali is volunteering for a musical number.

JanaLee said...

All I can say is "BRAVE AND BRAVO"!!! Would you consider a repeat the next time I see y'all?