Since the Thanksgiving season is quickly approaching us, I have thought a lot about what I am thankful for. I love this time of year where we can reflect on all we have been blessed with and can recognize those blessings. Several people have been posting something everyday that they are thankful for since the beginning of the month on facebook. Though I think that's a great idea, I am a little more private. I love facebook, but sometimes it's a little too public for me. So without further ado, these are the many things I am thankful for....
1. A fabulous husband. I love Ryan so much and appreciate him as a father and husband. He does so much to help out at home and never complains. I'm glad he can recognize what needs to be done rather than waiting for me to tell him. I am also grateful for the relationship and fun that we share and that he is willing to look beyond my flaws and love me anyway.
2. Colby and Taylor. They are so full of energy and life! They keep our house going and I'm grateful they have good health that allows them to be involved in what they want to be. I appreciate that they are responsible, good boys who aim for righteousness and both have a desire to do well in school.
3. The gospel. Where would I be without it? Probably pretty lost. I love the stability the gospel brings us as individuals and families, especially knowing that families are forever. It is such a help to be a member of the church in these days while trying to raise a family. It is such a blessing!
4. Mom and Dad. The two greatest people in the world. I love them so much and appreciate their example in all they do. I am continually grateful for their great health (keep taking all those vitamins, Mom and Dad) and that they are both still young at heart.
5. Sisters and Brother(s). I have been blessed to be part of a big family and with that comes many blessings and wonderful relationships. I love the relationship I share with each of my siblings. I have been blessed with four additional brothers who were brave enough to marry my sisters, and I love them and the great men that they are.
6. In-laws. I am extremely grateful for Ryan's family and the wonderful people that they are. I don't think you could marry into a better family. I love Joe and Gisela and all the support and encouragement they give to us. I am also thankful for my sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law. They are all amazing people who teach me and are great examples to our family. I love each of them very much and adore each of their personalities.
7. Neices and Nephews. Ryan and I are very blessed to have an abundance of neices and nephews. They are such wonderful kiddos and we love them very much and are so glad that Colby and Taylor have such great cousins!
8. Freedom. I am thankful everyday for this land of liberty that we get to enjoy and the beauty that surrounds us. I feel the love of Heavenly Father everyday when I see the beauty of the world.
9. Jobs. Since the economic crisis hit, I have been thankful everyday that Ryan and I have stable jobs. We have seen so many affected by the instability of the economy and it is such a loss to lose a job or a home.
10. Ancestors. I have a deep respect and admiration for all those who sacrificed so much on our behalf so we could enjoy all that is ours. They were determined, spirited people who perservered through so much.
So that's the short list. I could go on and on but this is my Top Ten. These are the things that I will be thinking about as we sit around our Thanksgiving table eating pizza.
12 years ago
4 comments:
Great job Cara, We are also thankful for you and the happiness you have brought into our lives. You do have geat sibings and we love them also so very much. We are greatful to be parents to super, good and respectful children. How we love our posterity. They bring us such JOY!
pizza?! that's awesome :) and i think all of those same things would be on my list. i like getting to know you through your blog.
I love this time of year too. I wish I would reflect on my blessings more often during the year...but alas...I continue to learn. I hope you have a whopping good time with my mom and Ray. I am so overly jealous that you get to see them, and that they get to see you. Any chance you wanna take a detour through Utah on your way home from WA over Christmas?? I will be there until Jan 6th......just sayin'
I love you!
Pizza? Serious? That's what we've eaten on Easter many times - since neither James nor I like ham. That's the obvious 2nd choice, right?
Post a Comment