Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Daily Dialogue of Living With Boys

I have learned a lot through living with boys. A. LOT. I've learned how boys think, what makes them tick, and what is really important to them. My days of learning about boys started long before I had my own. When we lived by Alan and Jana I remember wondering why boys were so fascinated with the sounds that came out of their bodies. Jana's boys would laugh hysterically over who made the loudest sound and sometimes the smelliest. Being a girl, I couldn't wrap my head around why this was so funny. Then I had two of my own. They do the same thing. They're either laughing over the sounds that come out of their rear-ends or mouths. I don't get it. To show you what it's like living with boys, the daily dialogue this morning went something like this. Let me set the scene. We're in the bathroom, the boys are brushing their teeth and I'm waiting to comb their hair, and ACTION.

Taylor: We're learing about cells in Science right now.
Colby (trying to needle Taylor): Like what makes a good sale? A red-tag sale?
Me (joinging Colby. Sometimes I can't help it): Like a jail cell?
Taylor: No, not that kind of cell, the kind that's in your body.
Colby: You have a sale in your body, Taylor? Does it have any percent off?
Taylor( turning, aiming his rear-end at Colby, and letting one loose): I'll show you a sale, Colby. That was a blow-out sale!

I am sad to say, we laughed hysterically. I think I laughed the hardest over how witty Taylor is and how quick his mind is. Colby couldn't catch his breath either. Usually I would be appauled by this behavior. I don't know if they're breaking me down or if I'm just getting used to it.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

priceless. I love those boys. I have a feeling that someday I will be calling you for advice. Not that I am making an announcement...but even with one, bodily noises are bound to happen. Yipes.

melanie said...

That really is funny. No way could you have held it together (me either). It's a joke that wont die I'm sure. Plan on hearing that a few hundred more times. At least.

Matt picked out a 'noise machine' for such bodily functions for Nathan's birthday. Oh man even Reed thinks it's funny. During the day when everyone else is gone, I'll hear it 'going off' and then I find him laughing in the boys room. He's 2!!!! If I could find them and afford them, all 3 Hardy boys would be getting them for Christmas!

Our Family said...

That was SO FUNNY - I laughed out loud!!

Hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!

Natalie

Nat and Chad said...

Hahahaha! This is the freaking funniest thing I have ever heard! I cannot stop laughing!!! Sounds like something chad would say. Must run in the family. ;) I'm sad I missed out on thanksgiving! :( Maybe next year ya?!?!?!