Last Saturday was the last Pinewood Derby for our family. We are once again moving out of one phase of our lives and moving into another. Taylor will be turning eleven pretty soon and will technically be a Boy Scout. Taylor decided he wanted to go out with a bang and was doing really well until another car he was racing against flew off its' track and crashed into Taylor's. Things started to go downhill from there. I think he was glad it was over, he just wasn't as excited this year as he has been in years past. His car won for "Most Creative Carving" and he placed third for his age division. Good job, Tay, we are proud of you for all the years you have participated in the Pinewood Derby!
In other news, Ryan and the bishopric were released a couple of Sundays ago. A new bishopric was put in and Ryan became the new Young Men's President. This is going to be a very busy calling for him but he's excited to be with the boys. Ryan has always had a good relationship with the youth in every ward we've lived in. I think the Young Women were just as excited as the Young Men were! They like that Ryan teases them. I think at this point Ryan is just trying to find balance between work, family, and his new calling.
Colby continues to play basketball and will receive his coveted uniform this week. He continues to love basketball as much as ever and has some outstanding coaches! Colby is learning a lot, especially the fundamentals that he will carry with him throughout his basketball-playing years. We are so excited to watch him play his first game! They have closed practices, so we drop him off at the door, and pick him up at the end of practice. It will be fun to see how much he has improved over the last few weeks.
The weather here has definitely put us in Spring mode. I love the weather here this time of year, it is just perfect!
2 comments:
did you know eddy and i are cub scout leaders? well we sure are! to the wolves. it's really fun! he'll have a lot of fun in boy scouts too though! glad the pinewood derby was a success and also congrats to ryan on the new calling. that will be a fun calling!
They always call the fun ones to YM...except in our ward. Those boys (and probably those girls) will have a blast with Ryan.
Is it awful of me to pray that Jonas wants to skip the cub scouts thing? I dread pack meeting. I had to go with the fam when Chad was in scouts. Let's just say I know how to give someone a real "round of applause" and I'm not proud of it.
Post a Comment