Friday, August 27, 2010

Football Season Has Started

July 17th was the day Taylor had been looking forward to since last November. The day football would start again. He's right back into it and loves it even more than last year. He moved up a level to Junior Varisty and is also now on the younger side of the team. He never complains, is standing at the door tapping his foot ready to leave when I get home, and talks nonstop football talk.

Talking to an old coach at the first practice.

He had his Jamboree to kick off the season a couple of weeks ago and his league games start this Saturday. They play the Cowboys from Ceres and he's excited. It doesn't look like he will be on the starting line this year but will get plenty of playing time. Taylor will be at this level for the next two years so he has to be patient and wait his turn just like everyone else. Ryan and I understand that a lot better than Taylor does.

Can you find Taylor in this picture?

At this level they get to play both offense and defense which makes for a lot more learning. Taylor gets his fair shot at both, though I think he prefers to play full-back on offense. He doesn't realize that he's built like his Dad and will always be a blocker, not a runner. He's keeping the dream alive, though.

Practices are five days a week, two hours, and hot. It's been in the 100's here, so that doesn't make for a fun practice. It has also changed our home life somewhat. Instead of Ward and June Clever dinners around the table, we barrel through the front door like a stampede of horses, shove a frozen pizza down the boys' throats, get them showered, say family prayer, and send them to bed. And it's just about that fast, too. I have to keep telling myself that it's short-term and that it will come to an end. Not that I'm complaining about football, because I love to watch Taylor play, it's just that I like the boys to get plenty of sleep on school nights.

I don't think there is a cuter boy in a football uniform than Taylor. It melts my heart to see him in his uniform out on the field. He is so Ryan and I love that about him!

3 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

That is so cute! But sounds exhausting with all the practice. My boys would love to watch your boys in their sports. Maybe someday we can make it up there.

Love you!

Nicole said...

Ward and June Cleaver have left the building huh? I prefer frozen pizza over old Junies dinners anyways :)

Marion said...

Okay...one thing I have learned through life experience is "busy" is never....I repeat....NEVER, temporary! The older your kids get, the busier you become. EVEN AFTER THEY LEAVE HOME! Just remember your big seester warned you! GO TAYLOR AND COLBY! Wish we could enjoy their games. Love you all!