Taylor had his first league football game on Saturday against the Cowboys in Ceres. I was a little nervous about this being their first game because the Cowboys have a reputation for being good, real good! The coaches have worked these boys hard and have really tried to prepare them for the season. I think it might pay off. We beat the Cowboys 47-12.
I told Taylor that if they won, I would make him fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy for Sunday dinner. I thought I was pretty secure in the fact that the Cowboys would beat us, so you don't have to wonder what I did Sunday afternoon. Taylor was one happy boy on both accounts, a win and his all-time favorite dinner! During football season, Taylor's life revolves around food more than usual. He's ravenous after every game and if we don't get him something to eat soon thereafter, he turns into Mr. Grumpy Pants.
Taylor ended up playing a lot more than I had predicted he would throughout the game. He moved up a level this year, so he's now one of the younger players instead of one of the older players like last year. He is on a team with boys that are two years older than he is and that makes a big difference! Hopefully, he'll be able to learn a lot this year and be rearing to go next year.
2 comments:
I agree! He's one tough cutie!! I hope he is loving it and I hope it's not too hot but then again, you're in Cali so you get the good weather. Kiss 'em all for me! Miss you mucho!!
Now you know to offer and EASY dinner for a win! Like grilled cheese! How fun to start the new football season off with such a great win! Wish we were closer to attend the boys games! Love you, Seester! Go Taylor!!
Post a Comment