This year we spent Thanksgiving in Utah with my sister, Barbie, and BIL, Ray. We have been planning for a year to spend this Thanksgiving in Utah so Colby and Taylor could earn their "stripes" from Uncle Ray for hunting (a.k.a. a sweatshirt with his hunting company logo on it). With the weather we have been having, I wasn't sure if we were going to make it, but the weather ended up being pretty permittable. The drive home was a little delayed on Donner Pass because they kept stopping us and having us sit for a period of time. We made it, though, and we had a GREAT time with Barbie and Ray!!
The boys did a lot of "guy" stuff while my Sis and I did our girly, sister thing. We shopped, laughed, cried a little, and cooked Thanksgiving dinner together. Being as this is our second year in a row together (they came to Cali last year), it's becoming a tradition and I'm already wondering what's going to happen next year. Our Thanksgiving won't be the same without being with them. They are both so wonderful to Colby and Taylor and the boys get to be "men" at Aunt Barbie's house. I think that's one of the many reasons they love and want to go there.
If you are against animal shootings or aren't a fan of the NRA, then I suggest not looking at the pictures below. Colby and Taylor managed to shoot five pheasants and Colby also shot a duck in mid-air that landed in the lake,so they couldn't recover it. When we got home from Utah, I cooked the pheasant for the boys using one of my sister's recipes. They loved it!
![]() |
| Make your own digital collage |
We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have so many blessings to be grateful for!

1 comments:
I'm sure those boys were in heaven being boys! Way to go cooking the pheasant, it would have grossed me out! Ha!
Post a Comment