Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Maui - Day 5: Shopping On Front Street

Up to this day, I had done very little shopping. Shock, I know! I was worried how I was going to break the news to Ryan and the boys that I really wanted to go down to Front Street in Lahaina and hit the shops. I was surprised they hadn't noticed the rash that had broke out on my body from the reaction by body was going through from not shopping.

So,I got up on Thursday morning and said,"you know, I have sat at the beach, I have snorkeled (at times against my will, ask Colby how his arm is), I think I deserve a little girl time this morning." To my astonishment, they all agreed! We got ready and headed to Lahaina.

The shops on Front Street are a lot of fun. A lot of surfing stores, souvenir shops, and places to eat. I think we went in every store! We found some fun stuff at "Rip Curl", "Hurley", "Quicksilver", "Hard Rock Cafe", and "Bubba Gump Shrimp", Ryan bought Colby a shirt from there that says "My Momma Says I'm Special." We all laughed, Colby did not! We ate at a really fun place called "Cheeseburger In Paradise". It's kind of like a Red Robin with a tropical atmosphere. It's enclosed but their windows are open all the time so you can enjoy the warm, ocean air.

There's also a really cool tree in the middle of front street that takes up an entire block. I can't remember the name, I'll insert that later, but it has re-rooted itself several times. We also saw a lot of Les Schwab families that had gone to Maui the second week like we did. It was fun to see familiar faces and talk about all the fun things we had done and seen.

That afternoon, we headed back to the beach at the condo for one last swim, boogie board, skim board, and beach time! We knew the time was getting close for us to head home!



0 comments: