I can't believe that Taylor's football season is almost over. I think I'm as sad as he is about it. Their game on Saturday didn't turn out quite like we had hoped it would. It was a good game, tied until the end, which took them into overtime. Unfortunately, we lost by a touchdown. They just couldn't get the ball into the end zone to score. This loss takes them out of the play-offs for the time being. It all comes down to how the other teams do these next two weeks.
He had a friend on the team that we played that has been taunting Taylor at school. I have realized that my kids aren't fighters, they lack the spunkiness gene. This kid has been a really good friend of Taylor's until he found out that Taylor plays for the Trojans. Ever since then, he has taunted Taylor about how they are going to beat Taylor's team. Well, he must have a crystal ball because they did. However, Taylor observed on Saturday that this kid never played during the game, so on Monday when the kid started in on Taylor, Taylor just turned to him and said, "Well, at least I get to play". That's my kiddo, way to stick it to him!
Now I usually don't condone my kids doing something like that but after so long you can only take so much. Colby told me that Taylor left the kid speechless. Maybe they inherited some of my spunky gene afterall. I, too, don't normally stoop to someone's level when they treat me like that, but after a while, I come out with my guns loaded.
In other Dickson happenings, the weather here still thinks its' summer. I AM SO READY FOR FALL! This last weekend it was eighty degrees. Ryan got a sunburn on his face at the game and I have a farmers' tan from my short-sleeves. Crazy! It always stays warm until Halloween and then it turns cold. Bring it on! Colby also had his first experience with paint-balling with some of his friends on Saturday. He has some pretty nice welts on his body. I was pretty sure he needed to wear a cup but everything seems to be okay and un-damaged in that area.
Speaking of Halloween, Colby is dressing up with his friends as a 70's basketball team. It is quite humorous! Taylor has decided to go as a Rubik's Cube again but he and Ryan are making improvements to the costume this year. I'm glad Ryan can figure out that kind of stuff. If it was left to me, they would both be ghosts with a sheet thrown over their head every year.
Pretty boring stuff, huh? Ryan and I are still trying to keep up with the boys and everything else we have going on. Our basketball season kicks off on Sunday, that's the first game. And yes, we are going even though it's on Sunday. Colby and Taylor are back on the job of being ball boys this year and Colby gets to be the captain. Taylor is not excited about this.
12 years ago
3 comments:
Taylor, sorry abt the game. Wat a heart breaker to loose in overtime. I bet you make the most handsome rubic cube there is, and Colby will be the stud of the bb team. Good luck on the game Sunday and I know Colby will not boss Taylor around as captain. He will be this wonderful example of older more mature brother. Right! Thanks for keeping us informed. love you all. Off to the wards haunted house. It is always fun. Wished you guys could be here for it.
Spell check before sending it would help. It's been a long two days already.
And you inspected the area that maybe should have used a cup? Too funny, Cara! And way to go Tay! Tell it like it is! Wish you were here for my Witch PARTAY! You could still dress up and have fun for the day! It's very liberating! Love you, Sis!
Post a Comment