The Mavericks had their first tournament since they started their basketball season. It was called the "Stockton Shoot Out" and we hosted it. We had several teams from around the area come and participate. It was a really fun time! It was great, for once, to see our boys play against teams that were evenly matched as opposed to 7th and 8th grade teams that walk all over us. Colby's team won their division undefeated! They were VERY happy boys! Warming up before the game.
CP came to the tournament, too! He's always so good to come and watch the boys.
On Thursday of that week, I got a call from these two saying they were on their way down to watch Colby in his tournament and to celebrate Taylor's birthday. What great grandparents!!
Amongst all the basketball, Taylor had a birthday! He turned 11 this year and all he wanted was a hamster and a paint ball gun. Can you see me, who's not a rodent lover, living with a hamster? He ended up with this, which was much needed and much more practical.
I don't know how excited he was about getting it but once he started to ride it, he was hooked. We went to dinner that night at Yukimi, a place where they cook in front of you. Mmm, good! CP, Geniel, Grammie, and Grandpa joined in the festivities with us. We had a good time!
I can't believe Taylor is as old as he is. He's growing, too, I can see it in his clothes. Last night we took the boys to get some new shoes and he's in an 8.5. What happened to the little boy who used to throw fits in Target, who I thought would never live past the age of 3 because he was so difficult to deal with? He has turned out to be a wonderful boy and is growing into a fine young man. He still has the energy of five men and keeps us on our toes but I wouldn't have it any other way. He is still our snuggler and tells us everyday that he loves us. What more could you ask for?
Even though it was a CRAZY weekend, we had a ton of fun, and having Mom and Dad here was the icing on the cake. I appreciate them taking the time to come down and participate in what the boys are doing. It means so much to Colby and Taylor that they take an interest in what they're doing and want to be here to enjoy their activities with them. It makes wonderful memories for all of us! Thanks so much Mom and Dad for coming down! We love you more than you know, and Mom, I'm glad you didn't have a meltdown in the gym about this not being who we were.
1 comments:
hey on the bright side now Taylor and Ryan can share shoes!
Post a Comment