A couple of weekends ago, Colby and his basketball team had a tournament in Los Angeles. We couldn't pass up the chance to go to L.A., so we went along with the schnauzer in tow. The tournament was in the northern most part of L.A., Chatsworth area, but it was still beautiful and fun to be in southern California.
There were a lot of teams. A LOT! I had no idea that there were so many AAU teams around but I got just a small glimpse of some in the state of Cali and Nevada. We enjoyed seeing so many other teams and to see how our boys stacked up against them. The 7th grade team that Colby plays on won 1 game and lost 3. The 8th grade team he plays on won the tournament for their age division. It was fun to see the boys so excited over winning!
I can't believe that Colby has been handed such a great opportunity as this. We feel very lucky to have found such a great team that has high morals and expectations for these boys. I can't say enough nice things about the coach. I believe there isn't any other coach like him and all the boys have the upmost respect for him. You have to see it to believe it to understand what Colby is involved in. Sometimes it's a little overwhelming to see him playing a faster, much more competitive game, but he has done well and loves his teammates.
Here's a few pictures of our trip. The schnauzer did really well on the trip, we were so proud of him! He's such a great little passenger and he just rolled along with whatever we had to do. We love him more and more everyday.
There were a lot of teams. A LOT! I had no idea that there were so many AAU teams around but I got just a small glimpse of some in the state of Cali and Nevada. We enjoyed seeing so many other teams and to see how our boys stacked up against them. The 7th grade team that Colby plays on won 1 game and lost 3. The 8th grade team he plays on won the tournament for their age division. It was fun to see the boys so excited over winning!
I can't believe that Colby has been handed such a great opportunity as this. We feel very lucky to have found such a great team that has high morals and expectations for these boys. I can't say enough nice things about the coach. I believe there isn't any other coach like him and all the boys have the upmost respect for him. You have to see it to believe it to understand what Colby is involved in. Sometimes it's a little overwhelming to see him playing a faster, much more competitive game, but he has done well and loves his teammates.
Here's a few pictures of our trip. The schnauzer did really well on the trip, we were so proud of him! He's such a great little passenger and he just rolled along with whatever we had to do. We love him more and more everyday.
2 comments:
What! You were clear down here and didn't tell me! We totally would have come watched Colby play, the boys would have loved it! I'm sure you were pretty busy though. Glad Colby won, that's so much fun!
Congratulations Colby. What an accomplishment! And glad you all had an enjoyable trip.
Post a Comment