Friday, January 13, 2012

13 Years of Dependability

I love appliances! I love them so much that I have always told Ryan that I would never be mad if he gave me one for my birthday, Christmas, Valentine's day, etc... My favorite appliances are my washer and dryer. I love laundry and to wash, dry, and fold clothes makes my heart sing. We purchased our current set 13 years ago, right before Taylor was born and they have been so dependable.

Over the last year or so, the washer started to make funny noises. I became accustomed to the noises and never thought about saying anything to Ryan. A couple of months ago I was washing clothes later in the evening and he questioned the noises the washer was making. I simply told him that it had been doing that for a long time and his response was to start looking for a new set, that he thought this one wasn't going to last much longer. He was right. On New Year's Day, the washer quit being dependable. We spent the entire day looking at washer's and dryer's. All I knew was that I wanted to try a front load for a change for several reasons. Mainly, they hold a lot more clothes.

After a very long day we finally made our purchase but have lived without a washer for almost 16 days! Luckily, Geniel has been kind enough to let me wash some clothes (underwear) at her house and I finally bit the bullet and Ryan and I went to the laundry mat and did the rest of the laundry. The new set will arrive on Monday and I can't wait!! It has been a long two weeks. I have felt paralyzed at home when I couldn't come home from work and start laundry.

I am so grateful to have a washer and dryer in my home. I feel for the people who haul their clothes to the laundry mat, wash and dry them, and then haul them back home. It is quite the process! Here is a sneak peek of what we decided on, only ours will be white. If I wanted the gray (which I kind of did but later decided white was the better choice) it would have been a 30 day wait!! I would have been insane by then.

0 comments: